Wednesday, October 31, 2007

On to State

Well, both Lake Stevens XC teams qualified for state. This will be the first time in 27 years the girls will have taken a team to state. I will be present and yelling my fool head off, even though Kelsey will not be running.

Kelsey is still pressing to run the full marathon at Seattle. I have managed a total of 44.5 miles for the month of October. That should be adequate for running 26.2, shouldn't it? It would be prudent for me to talk her into running the half marathon, but since when does common sense enter in to my running? Honestly, I am thrilled to have her wanting to challenge herself and run the full marathon. I suspect it is simple ignorance on her part of how tough it will be, but getting to spend 4 to 4.5 (or more) hours running/walking with Kelsey is too good an opportunity to pass up. Anyone want to join us for a very conversational pace? - KRK

1 comment:

Tony C said...

Dang, I wish Danielle was at least "talking" about running. She ended up quitting XC the day before the sub-district meet. Her coach pushed her (verbally) one too many times. Maya and I told her she would not be running for her anymore ... so, I can't imagine her getting into shape any time soon.