Friday, June 19, 2009

Cascade Woodworking?



With a total of 13 miles logged for the month of May and none on trails, I should probably change the title of my blog. I have been getting some wood working done, however. With daughter Andrea due any day now, I worked to complete a convertible crib for her. I wanted to have the crib done before Olivia arrives. Yes, another girl for the family. At least we know how to deal with girls (I think).


I have also added another old tool to my workshop. I found an old DeWalt radial arm saw on Craig's List for $25.00. As near as I can tell from the serial number, it was made in late 1953. Lots of heavy cast iron for a small saw. The following photos show a before and after of the saw.




I have just finished a potting bench for my wife and will start on a dressing table to match the crib for Andrea next. I need a much bigger garage or to move to a house with a separate shop. Hope all your running is going well. My picks for Western - Scott Jurek for the men, Krissy Moehl for the women. It is going to be a great race as far a I can see.



1 comment:

King Arthur said...

We have that same Saw. My grandfather bought it new.