Saturday, April 05, 2008

It will be ugly

Having managed to finish Chuckant, I had hoped to up my mileage in preparation for the Mt. Si 50 mile run. It hasn't happened. Work has been in a major upheaval and my running has been inconsistent. Worst of all, I haven't been able to fit in the long runs necessary to build my "time on my feet" endurance. And to add insult to injury, I have come down with a nasty cold. So, instead of being out for a long run this morning, I am sitting here with a box of tissues and a fountain for a nose. This will be my 10th run at Mt. Si and all but last year have been the 50 mile distance, so I want to stick with the 50 again this year. Good friends Carol O'Hear and Mark Hartinger will not be running this year. Probably for the best, I expect to be walking quite a bit. I just hope the weather is decent and the usual assortment of other friends are present.

No comments: