Monday, May 26, 2008

Got Wheels

Well, I backed down from the 50 mile to the 50k at Mt. Si. It was a wimp out, but the right thing for me to do, given my mileage. That is old news at this point in time. I have slipped back into not running once again, but am putting in some hard work in the spinning classes and spending some time on my bike. I also purchased a road bike for #3 daughter as a HS graduation present. She hopes to ride STP with me in July as a one day ride. Today we one lap of the Lake Stevens Half Iron Man bike course - about 30 miles for our total ride in around two hours, give or take. The course has some good hills, so Kelsey got an honest workout. We'll see if she can pull things together for STP in a month and a half or not.
Along with the 30 today, I road a significantly faster 55 Saturday that also included some decent hill work. I seem to have a bit more enthusiasm for the biking than the running, at any rate. That's all for now.

2 comments:

Olga said...

yay!

Tony C said...

Good to hear you're having fun. Hope to see you some time in the summer!

*tc

p.s. - I have no intention on riding a bike anytime soon. sigh!