Friday, August 14, 2009

Not a Facebook Fan

I am apparently old.

It is taking a long time to get back into some semblance of running shape. When doing some cross-training on Tuesday, I tweaked my lower back and it is still bothering me. I'm getting worse at pushing through discomfort.

And lastly, I don't like Facebook. I established an account because I heard that many running friends used Facebook to keep in touch. I don't get the attraction. If I need to contact someone, I send an e-mail or pick up the phone. The Facebook messages are short and most seem pointless. Some people seem to post many times a day and there is no real information provided in any of the postings. Obviously, I am simply an old curmugeon. I suspect my foray into the Facebook world will be short lived. I will likely continue to post to my blog upon occaision, simply as a means to share what is going on in my life and to vent from time to time, even if far fewer people ever see the blog than might receive a Facebook posting. Tweeting? I was never any good at bird imitations.

No comments: