Tuesday, April 25, 2006

And now for something totally different

Since not training for running didn't work too well at Mt. Si, I am going to see how not training for long bike rides works. This Friday I will start riding three of the four day Northwest Crank rides put on by the Seattle Randonneurs. Friday will be an 80 mile ride that eventually works up to the Mission Ridge Ski area and then back down. Saturday is 95 miles with a trip up Badger Mountain. Finally, Sunday will be 125 miles with a trip to Lake Chelan with some additional out and backs thrown in. At least these aren't races and I can coast on the downhills.

I have done some spinning classes over the past months; usually one hour on Mondays and have done three 2+ hour rides since mid-February. That should be enough training, right?

The weather forecast is for low to mid 80's in Wenatchee so I won't have to worry about keeping warm. I'm betting that my butt and neck are sore by Sunday. =>KRK

2 comments:

Olga said...

Wow, that's a lot of biking miles! Personally, i am scared to ride roads:) Good luck!

Tony C said...

Yikes! My ass hurts just thinking of it ... have fun. *tc